Every year, through our annual fundraising campaign – the United Jewish Appeal (UJA) of Atlantic Canada – the AJC helps strengthen Jewish life in Canada, Israel, and overseas. Your generous donation impacts Jews of all ages in communities throughout the world, wherever Jews are in need.
We fund and support a global network of Jewish organizations that nurture and sustain our Jewish community – of today and tomorrow – caring for people in need here at home, in Israel and around the world. A piece of every dollar you give helps to support:
- The Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) — which provides food, healthcare, and social services to hundreds of thousands of poor and elderly Jews across the world – including thousands in the Former Soviet Union – many of whom are Holocaust survivors and would not survive without this critical aid. Their mission is simple they aim to serve and care for the most vulnerable Jews worldwide, by any means necessary.
- The Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) — which inspires Jews worldwide to connect with their people, heritage, and land by strengthening Jewish identity in youth in the Diaspora and Israel. The JAFI works in the Diaspora to bring Jews to Israel by making Aliyah or by bring Israel to Jewish communities through various programs. In Israel they work to provide economic, cultural and educational opportunities for undeserved populations and promoting social activism and expression within the religion.
- Jewish Federations of Canada – United Israel Appeal (JFC-UIA) — which helps Canadian Jewish youth strengthen their Jewish identities with programs like March of the Living and Birthright Israel and connects Atlantic Canada to Israel by coordinating our partnership with Etzbah Ha’Galil;
- The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) — The advocacy agent of the Jewish Federations of Canada that, among other things, fights antisemitism across our country and fosters strong relationships between Israeli and Canadian leaders. Their overall aim is to improve the quality of Jewish life in Canada, which is done through their fostering of relationships with the people and those in government. They have an extensive list of priorities that they use to work towards this goal.
- The Atlantic Jewish Council (AJC) — The local Atlantic Canadian partner of each of these organizations that, in addition to helping administer all of their programs locally, aims to support and enhance the quality of Jewish life across our region through running our own initiatives such as Holocaust Education Week, the PJ Library program, the critically-acclaimed Atlantic Jewish Film Festival, and, of course, Camp Kadimah.
Please help your Jewish community near and far by donating to the UJA Campaign of Atlantic Canada.Donate to the 2020 UJA Campaign of Atlantic Canada now!