Once again this year, Marcia Kohler is organizing a Mishloach Manot drive for Jewish senior’s living in Halifax. This project is an incredible amount of work and requires lots of volunteers.
Volunteer shifts/opportunities include:
- Sunday March 8th, 9:00am-12:00pm: helping make Hamentashen at the Beth Israel Synagogue
- Sunday March 8th, 12:00pm-2:00pm (Teens Only): helping fill/assemble the mishloach manot bags with treats/gifts (all provided)
- Monday March 9th, 6:00pm-8:00pm: Mishloach Manot Delivieries
- Tuesday March 10th, all day: Mishloach Manot Deliveries
- Wednesday March 11th, before sundown: Mishloach Manot Deliveries
A note about deliveries:
We have over 50 deliveries, most on the Peninsula, some in Clayton Park, Dartmouth and Bedford. Each volunteer should not have more than four or five deliveries. In past years the seniors have been so pleased to receive the Shalach Manos deliveries from community members, when families do the deliveries together it is a nice way for the generations to interact with each other. The goal is to weave the generations of the community together.
If interested in volunteering for any of these roles, please contact Marcia Kohler at firstname.lastname@example.org