Contract Term: August 27th– Dec. 31st, 2019; possibility for renewed contract term in 2020
Hours per week: ~20 (Typically Mon-Thurs.; 10-3 with flexibility; some evening/weekend work required)
Hourly wage: $15-$20 per hour
Location: The Atlantic Jewish Council’s office (5670 Spring Garden Rd, Suite 309, Halifax, NS, B3J 1H6)
- Acting as the first line of communication with the organization’s constituents via phone/email.
- Monitoring and regularly updating our web presence including our website/social media accounts.
- Managing our community database/lists on an ongoing basis and ensuring that all records/organizational lists are accurate and up-to-date.
- Assembling any organizational emails, including our weekly updated and special announcement emails.
- Overseeing transactions, paying invoices, and processing orders.
- Organizing receipts and helping with credit card/bank reconciliations.
- Providing administrative and logistical support to all AJC programming, including the annual UJA Campaign.
- Generating and mailing all AJC donation/tribute cards.
- Carrying out all email and hard copy community mailings.
- Soliciting advertisers for Shalom Magazine, our tri-annual publication.
- Keeping and maintaining records in a timely and professional manner.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor, Naomi Rosenfeld, Executive Director.
- Detail- and results-oriented.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently, proactively, and resourcefully.
- Trustworthy with sensitive information.
- Proficiency in written/spoken English.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours, willing to work some evenings and/or weekends.
- Experience with Israel/Judaism/the Jewish community of Atlantic Canada, sales/fundraising, and/or marketing are considered assets.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Naomi Rosenfeld (email@example.com)
Questions? Please Contact Naomi Rosenfeld, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-422-7493