We are currently looking to hire a student for most of May and June to help out around our office and work on our exciting Online Jewish Archives project!
Eligibility: The applicant must be a full-time student in an accredited post-secondary institution or a graduating grade 12 student. The student must be a permanent resident of the province or reside in Nova Scotia for at least six months prior to this work term. The student will be required to sign a declaration that states that all these conditions have been met.
Applicants cannot be immediate or extended family members of any AJC staff or board members.
Start Date: April 29th, 2019 (flexible)
End Date: June 21st, 2019 (flexible)
Hours per Week: 35 hrs (9am-5pm with 1 hour for lunch)
- Acting as the first line of communication with the organization’s constituents via phone/email.
- Monitoring and regularly updating our website presence including our website/social media.
- Updating our community database on an ongoing basis and ensuring that all records/organizational lists are accurate and up to date.
- Assisting with accounting, including overseeing transactions and processing invoices.
- Organizing and scanning historical/archival materials.
- Cataloging scanned materials on a hard drive.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor, Naomi Rosenfeld, Executive Director.
- Independent, organized, mature, analytical student.
- Basic technology skills.
- Archival and research skills.
- Self-starter, able to produce results.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript to Naomi Rosenfeld – firstname.lastname@example.org – by April 19th